Beware of Lead Poisoning and its Serious Health Risks

Posted by Hunaid Gurji, D.O., Ph.D. on Nov 2, 2016 8:20:00 AM

Lead is extremely poisonous and can be hazardous when ingested or inhaled. There is no “safe” level of lead exposure. The smallest amounts can cause severe health problems; at very high levels, it can be fatal.

Lead exposure can cause numerous developmental issues for children that can lead to physical and mental complications including behavior or attention problems, hearing problems, kidney damage, learning disabilities, reduced IQ and stunted growth.

Kids under the age of 6 are particularly at risk for lead poisoning, and it can harm babies long before they are born – the younger the child, the more detrimental lead exposure can be.

Read More

Topics: toxic lead exposure, lead poisoning, common sources of lead poisoning

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all